وَتَزَوَّدُوۡا فَاِنَّ خَيۡرَ الزَّادِ التَّقۡوٰى
And take provision for indeed the best provision is God-consciousness(2:197)
This verse refers to the importance of provisions for travelling of which taqwa is the best indeed.
Packing your essentials is no doubt a mandatory part of any travel and its importance is further enhanced in case you are travelling for Hajj/Umrah as in case of carrying inappropriate and heavy baggage the journey will tend to lose its spirituality.
Focusing on essential and lightweight items is the key to efficient and smart packing which will not only save your time looking for necessaries during your travel but will also help in keeping your energy gathered and focused for what the trip has been undertaken i.e. worship and spirituality.
It’s been advised and recommended making a checklist of all the required documents and other essentials keeping in mind the number of family members, their ages and their food needs and medications if any.
The following list might help.
Documents you might need:
- Passport with 2 extra copies
- National ID card
- Vaccination slips if any
- Relationship certificate for ladies travelling with her mahram
- Airline tickets and travel vouchers
- Hotel booking vouchers
- Insurance certificate if any
- Credit/debit cards and cash in Saudi Riyals
- A small notebook with phone numbers of all family members, hotel addresses and numbers, travel agent name and his numbers and also of group members.
- Small guide book for hajj or Umrah, duas book and pocket Quran
- It is also advised to make wristbands or cards to be worn by children with their names, fathers’ names, phone numbers and names of their hotels and address which will be very helpful for the safety of them.
Other necessary items make the following list:
- Dry food items like nuts, dry snacks and granola bars
- Collapsible water bottles
- Toothbrush and paste or miswak
- Extra clothes and undergarments (lightweight and comfortable)
- Socks and flip-flops
- Waist bags
- Bags for shoes for Haram
- Odor free shampoo, soap, lotion, deodorants and sanitizers
- Toilet papers
- Diapers and sanitary pads
- Mobile phone and chargers
- Multi outlet extension cord
- Universal power adapter
You may need to have a checklist as follows according to your requirements
- Daily medicines
- Medication for kids
- Hand towels
- Sunglasses and eye shade covers
- Ear plugs
- Travelling pillows
- Suitcase according to your luggage
- First aid kit
The packing must begin one week in advance, especially in case of travelling with family and children. Making a checklist and packing according to it will save you from a lot of hassle, inconvenience and waste of time which will be experienced later in the journey otherwise.
If you reside in London, we welcome you to visit our store at:
Abbey Trading Point, Unit 14 F, Canning Rd, London E15 3NW, United Kingdom
or for any queries and questions drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
or simply call on 020 3873 4734.
For shopping online visit https://ihram.org.uk